I searched in this forum for a solution to connect mysql to JBOSS, however, as I didn't find a hint for JBOSS 3.0 I searched for a solution myself. Maybe someone finds it useful.
I try to learn EJB with Richards Monson-Haefels "Enterprise Java Beans" 3edition, so I adapt his examples and follow the instruction in the workbook which can be downloaded from titan-books.net as a supplement.
What I did was:
1. Delete in /deploy hsqldb-service.xml
2. Take mysql-service.xml and rename it to titandb-service.xml
3. Change the database connection parameters in there:
for me it is jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbossdb
4. Set the username and passwort a few lines below in <config-property... so JBOSS can access the database.
5. Go to /conf and edit standardjaws.xml where you put <datasource-mapping>mySQL</datasource-mapping>, where it was Hypersonic SQL originaly.
6. Do the same in /conf/standardjbosscmp-jdbc
I now take Richards workbook examples and the MySQL Database fills up! It seems to work.
Your infomation was helpful...Thanks!