4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2002 6:52 PM by Rick Horowitz

Error building JBoss manual

Rick Horowitz Newbie

I downloaded the JBoss manual project from CVS to get the latest version of the Getting Started for JBoss 3.0. I've run into 2 problems when trying to build the manual.

****** Problem 1: *********

I cd'd into the top level directory of "manual" and typed "ant" at the prompt.

When I tried this, I discovered that the build.xml file is looking for a tools directory in the manual's download directory. I copied the tools directory from the jboss-all cvs download directory. This fixed the first problem...ant is now found and the build process starts.

**** Problem 2: *******

Once the build starts running I get an error message: (as reported in build.log) referring to (line 292 of build.xml). Below is a snippet from build.xml, with build.log shown below that.

Any help would be very much appreciated... Thanks.

Rick

******* build.xml snippet (with line nbr 292 shown *****

<!-- Generate the fancy HTML manual -->

<!-- Force the use of SAXON XSLT -->

<style style="${build.stylesheets}/fancy.xsl"
      processor="trax"
      extension=".html"
      basedir="${build.xdocs}"
      ***** LINE 292 *****
      destdir="${build.html.fancy}">

<!-- this file is empty -->

******** build.log **************

configure:

init:

compile-stylesheets:

compile-docs:

compile-metadata:

compile:

docs-html-fancy:
      [style] Transforming into /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/output/html/fancy
      [style] Processing /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/output/xdocs/jbossdocs.xml to /home/rick/programs/cvs
      -root/jboss/manual/output/html/fancy/jbossdocs.html
      [style] Loading stylesheet /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/output/stylesheets/fancy.xsl
      [style] home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/output/stylesheets/fancy.xsl:14: Error! java.io.FileNotFoundExcep
      tion: /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/thirdparty/oasis/docbook-xsl/html/chunk.xsl (No such file or directory) Cause
      : java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/thirdparty/oasis/docbook-xsl/html/chunk.xsl (No su
      ch file or directory)
      [style] Failed to transform using stylesheet /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/output/stylesheets/fancy.xs
      l
      [style] Failed to process /home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/output/xdocs/jbossdocs.xml

BUILD FAILED

file:/home/rick/programs/cvs-root/jboss/manual/build.xml:292: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: F
      ailed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.process(XSLTProcess.java:476)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.execute(XSLTProcess.java:240)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:317)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:309)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:334)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:610)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)
      --- Nested Exception ---
      javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.configureLiaison(XSLTProcess.java:727)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.process(XSLTProcess.java:465)
      --- Nested Exception ---
      javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
      at com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:136)
      at com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:126)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.TraXLiaison.setStylesheet(TraXLiaison.java:152)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.configureLiaison(XSLTProcess.java:717)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.process(XSLTProcess.java:465)