4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2008 4:56 AM by ilya_shaikovsky

How Websphere 6.1 can be supported by RichFaces 3.2.0?

pylablanche

Hi,

I am an JavaEE architect, and I would like to find a common way to manage Web tier. RichFaces looks as a good candidate.

We are using Websphere 6.1 and JSF.

I had a look in the development guide:
      http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossrichfaces/freezone/docs/devguide/en/html_single/index.html#TechnicalRequirements

It looks that Websphere 6.1 is supported by richface 3.2.0.

But the minimum requirement regarding JSF implementation is 1.2.

As I know, Websphere 6.1 doesn't support JSF 1.2.
      Please look at the release notes for Sun JSF 1.2 specification here.
      http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/docs/ReleaseNotes1_2.txt

The required servlet specification is 2.5 and the JSP specification is 2.1. And the supported Servlet specification is 2.4 and the supported
      JSP specification is 2.0 in WAS 6.1

here, an answer from IBM support :
      This is European WebSphere Distributed Support Team assigned to your PMR regarding your question involving support of
      use JSF 1.2 and facelets

WebSphere 6.1 does not support JSF 1.2 and facelets

In fact facelet is supported if it's used with jsf 1.1. ( but not with IBM implementation of course :) )

My question : How Richfaces can support Websphere 6.1 if it required jsf 1.2, and Websphere doesn't support jsf 1.2??

I would like to use :
      Websphere 6.1 + jsf 1.2 + facelets 1.1.1 + Richfaces 3.2.0

It's an unsupported configuration for IBM.
      So, my final release should be :

Websphere 6.1 + jsf 1.1 + facelets 1.1.1 + Richfaces 3.1.4

Have you any input to keep the first solution?

Best regards,

• 1. Re: How Websphere 6.1 can be supported by RichFaces 3.2.0?

Currently, RichFaces has two active branches of version.

RichFaces 3.1.x (the latest is 3.1.5)
          and
          RichFaces 3.2.x (the latest is 3.2.0)

If you container supports only JSF 1.1, RichFaces 3.1.5 is only your choice.

• 2. Re: How Websphere 6.1 can be supported by RichFaces 3.2.0?

"SergeySmirnov" wrote:
            Currently, RichFaces has two active branches of version.

RichFaces 3.1.x (the latest is 3.1.5)
            and
            RichFaces 3.2.x (the latest is 3.2.0)

If you container supports only JSF 1.1, RichFaces 3.1.5 is only your choice.

I had two questions:

1) Is there a way to get the RichFaces 3.1.x documentation guide as only the latest one for 3.2.0 is available (even for this, the link seems to be broken, though the demo link works fine). Our current environment with WebSphere 6.1, JSF 1.2 works with RichFaces 3.1 only.

2)We were able to use JSF 1.2 (RI) with Websphere 6.1, by copying the jsf jar files to the Web-Inf/lib directory and by not using the ibm jsf jars from teh Faces project. We also wanted to use RichFaces. The 3.2 version comes up with exceptions (in Data Scrollable component even though this component is not used). RichFaces 3.1 work successfully though. We are looking if pointing Websphere 6.1 to Servlet 2.5 could be an option.
            Any help to make RichFaces 3.2 work with JSF 1.2 under Websphere would be great.

• 3. Re: How Websphere 6.1 can be supported by RichFaces 3.2.0?

Has anyone solved this issue running websphere 6.1 with the latest RichFaces?

• 4. Re: How Websphere 6.1 can be supported by RichFaces 3.2.0?
                ilya_shaikovsky

this forum should not be used for users questions anymore. Use user forum.