5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2004 9:00 AM by sscotti

Exception NoClassDefFoundError

dzhuo

Hi all,
      I have downloaded the lastest version of JBoss. the installation is smooth and i can startup the server just fine. I then downloaded the tuturial from jboss.org and try to compile and paly around a bit. i can successfully build the EJB files(like Interest.java InterestHome.java and InterestBean.java) using ant. but everytime when i try to compile the simple client(such as InterestClient.java) that acutally use the EJB, i get the following error:

compile:

interest-client:
      [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/logging/Logger
      [java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.(NamingContext.java:89)
      [java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory.getInitialContext(NamingContextFactory.java:42)
      [java] at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)
      [java] at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)
      [java] at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)
      [java] at javax.naming.InitialContext.(InitialContext.java:175)
      [java] at org.jboss.docs.interest.InterestClient.main(InterestClient.java:27)
      [java] Java Result: 1

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 13 seconds
      [root@panda build]#

even it said "BUILD SUCCESSFUL", there is this Exception NoClassDefFoundError. so i am a little confused!

I have my JAVA_HOME,J2EE_HOME,ANT_HOME and JBOSS_DIST env set and i have the JBoss server running. what could be wrong? any help?

thanks!
      dzhuo