4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2002 2:54 AM by minamoto

Class defendence?

sumin

I tried to deploy some ejb jars on JBoss-3.0.2 but found some problem.

Some classes in an ejb jar, A.jar reference a class in other ejb jar, B.jar. And as far as I can see from log, A.jar is being deployed earlier than B.jar. But B.jar is not deployed yet and A.jar cannot reference the class in B.jar. And this is causing falling of deployment.

How can I solve this? Can I order the order of deployment? Or Am I missing some setting on server?

I tried to find out solution from docs but they were old version. Where can I get new docs for version 3.0.2?

Thanks for your reading.

• 1. Re: Class defendence?
          minamoto

In an ear file you may use jar's manifest file of the ejb to have references to dependent jars:
          http://www.jboss.org/modules/bb/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=forums/ you could repackage the ejbs and jars to make an ear.
          But this work seems to be complecated.
          I want a smart answer too.
          Miki

• 2. Re: Class defendence?
            sumin

Thanks for you reply.

But my problem is deploying jars but compiling or making jars. My jars are already working on Weblogic6.1 fine. I am trying to port my team's web application to JBoss now.

I think the problem is caused by my lack of knowledge on JBoss but I could not get a good docs.

Do you have any docs that explaining how to configure JBoss-3.0.2? It will be very helpfull to me.

Thanks again,

ps. I guess you are an Japanese from your name. I am in Tokyo now even I am not a Japanese.

• 3. Re: Class defendence?
              minamoto

>But my problem is deploying jars but compiling or making jars.

If the dependent jars are deployed before the ejbs, your problem may be solved.
              I meant that you could do that in the ear file level. Besides it's a portable way.
              But then you need to change the manifest files in the ejb jars.

> Do you have any docs that explaining how to configure JBoss-3.0.2

We have the JBoss 3.0 Quick Start Guide(free) and the JBoss 3.0 Administration and Development($10).
              Good books.

Maybe, you could SAR file instead of ear file. I'm not sure whether you can specify dependencies between ejb modules. Read the Chapter 12, JBoss 3.0 Quick Start Guide.

>I guess you are an Japanese from your name. I am in Tokyo now even I am not a Japanese.

Right.
              Sorry for my bad english,

Miki

• 4. Re: Class defendence?
                minamoto