6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2002 8:23 AM by Juha Lindfors

OutOfMemory Exception Jboss 3.0

Tripper McCarthy Newbie

My company has recently moved our application from Jboss-2.4.6_Tomcat-4.0.3 to Jboss-3.0.2_Tomcat-4.0.5 using jdk1.3.1_01 jvm on a Windows 2000 box. Since the move we have been experiencing OutOfMemory exceptions. The actual exception thrown in the server.log file is as follows:

2002-10-14 14:44:58,787 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
      <<no stack trace available>>

After reading several posts about possible memory leak problems, we have tried the following solutions with no luck:

1) increased the heap size up top 128MB ( how much does Jboss 3.0.2 need? )
      2) changed the max-capacity element in the standardjboss.xml file from 1 million to 1000.

I have also used Jprobe and some other profilers (hprof) to try and identify where the memory leak might be coming from, but have had no luck. Because our code works fine under Jboss 2.4.6 (no memory problems at all) but does not under Jboss 3.0.2, I’m not sure what to think. Is this a known issue, and does anyone have any other suggestions?