3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2002 3:46 PM by uriel

SUN ONE Community Edition and JBoss Integration

uriel

Has anybody successfully integrated SUN-ONE-CE with JBoss as far as being able to develop EJB applications?
      Would be helpfull to be able to use the debugger and take advantage of RMI and JDBC at the same time.

• 1. Re: SUN ONE Community Edition and JBoss Integration
          hvenstrom

You will have to use SUN-ONE-EE to develop EJB applications (the timeout is more generous than stated, but it cost a bit the day you need to buy it).
          On sun's home page for SUN-ONE-EE you will find references to add on modules, one of them are for integration with JBoss.

• 2. Re: SUN ONE Community Edition and JBoss Integration
            prabhakar

Check the netbeans website. I remember a plugin developed by a company called SipTech that integrated jboss and NB. This should run inside Sun ONE too.

-prabhakar

• 3. Re: SUN ONE Community Edition and JBoss Integration
              uriel

Over the weekend I remember where I saw the article. It is in the free-for-all on-line HTML. Chapter 14:
              Integrating NetBeans / Forte for Java Community Edition.
              I printed it and I am in the process of making it work. It is very straight forward. Basically you create a project and then you bring the JBoss jars that you want to include (base+security+JMS-etc)into your file system. Then you add your own development.
              Thank you.