1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2002 8:13 AM by dsilcox69

Problems running JBOSS and a standalone Apache Tomcat Server

bill

I can't seem to be able to get hold of a EJB's home interface using the following simple code. This code works when the Web Application runs under IBM's Websphere and as a standalone app, but not when the application is transfered to Tomcat.
      The code is:

// Initial context already found Okay
      // Simple look up
      Object objref = ctx.lookup("StockHoldings");

StockHoldingsHome home = (StockHoldingsHome) javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow (objref,StockHoldingsHome.class);

// Get hold of the remote interface
      m_StockHoldings = home.create(); // This fails

The error message is:
      RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Files/Apache

This error occurs even when running sample EJB from Text books.

Both the JBOSS and Apache Tomcat installation have not been changed - they're installed as default straight out of the box.
      Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Application Server JBOSS 3.0.4 Web Server Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.12

• 1. Re: Problems running JBOSS and a standalone Apache Tomcat Se
          dsilcox69

Sounds like you need to include some of the jboss/client jar files in Catalina's classpath. jnp-client.jar and jboss-client.jar for sure - there may be others.

Catalina_home/common/classes/lib should work. I think server/lib will also work.

I always fumble through this error myself. Not very scientific I know :-)