3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2003 5:26 AM by juhalindfors

Disable auto-redeploy?

bigendian

I realize that this is somewhat counter to the fundamental tenets of JBoss, but is there a setting that will allow me to turn off auto-redeploy of services and WARs/EARs? I'd like our production environment to be absolutely static (deployment wise) once the server is started. We have first and second level support folks with access to our servers, and if one of them were to accidentally touch (or vi and save without changes) a config file, that service would redeploy. Is there any way to do this short of defining everything in the main jboss-service.xml?

-chris

• 1. Re: Disable auto-redeploy?

Why don't you just set the ACL on your deploy dir so that they cannot touch the config files?

• 2. Re: Disable auto-redeploy?
            bigendian

That certainly would work but it's a bit inelegant, no? I would much rather be able to control the behaviour through the configuration files than with filesystem permissions that have to be manipulated pre/post deployment. So, based on your response I assume that there is no configuration option to turn of auto-redeploy?

-chris

• 3. Re: Disable auto-redeploy?

I don't care about 'elegance' as long as it works...

Another option might be to set the ScanPeriod of your DeploymentScanner to a Really Big Number(tm)