4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2003 4:51 PM by kenhammond

JBoss 3.2 very verbose log [Digester] [sax]

joehung

I'm using JBoss3.2 + tomcat

I'm seeing a hugh logging output mainly from

[sax]
      [digester]

any ideas how to set it to a reasonable level?

• 1. Re: JBoss 3.2 very verbose log [Digester] [sax]
          joehung

my fault. log4j.xml was in my classpath. I guess that confuses the world.

• 2. Re: JBoss 3.2 very verbose log [Digester] [sax]
            kenhammond

Can you elaborate? I am getting the same proliferation of logger messages, so I'm very interested in your solution.

When you say that log4j.xml was in your classpath, do you mean that the XML file was explicitly listed in your classpath, or do you mean that it was in a folder in your classpath?

This problem didn't occur until I started deploying parts of my application as SAR files. But I don't know whether that has any bearing or is merely coincidence.

• 3. Re: JBoss 3.2 very verbose log [Digester] [sax]
              kenhammond

I did have some partial success by setting the logging level for ConsoleAppender in log4j.xml to "WARN", but this has the undesirable side-effect of eliminating a lot of useful logger messages (including the one that indicates that Jboss has started successfully). So I don't see it as a viable long-term solution.

• 4. Re: JBoss 3.2 very verbose log [Digester] [sax]
                kenhammond

I solved the problem by modifying log4j.xml to raise the threshold for any messages generated by jboss or apache to INFO as follows:

log4j.xml

<!-- ================ -->
                <!-- Limit categories -->
                <!-- ================ -->

<!-- Limit JBoss categories to INFO -->

<!-- Limit Apache categories to INFO -->