7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2009 9:33 AM by jbalunas

WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE

jbalunas

This forum is for the discussion of the development of the JBoss RichFaces project.

User questions will be ignored/deleted.

Ask yourself, whether you are suggesting an improvement or reporting a well investigated bug you found
      in the source code.

If you are asking for help you are in the wrong forum. Please use the RichFaces User Forum.

• 1. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
          nbelaevski

Hi,

This forum is for the discussion of the development of the JBoss RichFaces project only. User questions will be ignored.

• 2. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
            rosmons

Can we report bugs we found in this forum or should we put them in the User Forum too?

• 3. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
              ilya_shaikovsky

All the questions regarding problems of usage(including bugs) is a topic for RichFaces usage forum. This forum only for discussions regarding future development RichFaces itself .

• 4. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
                rosmons

So, what should we do if don't get any responses? is that the dead end or should we file a bug?

• 5. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
                  jbalunas

If you do not get a reply on the forum it can be for several reasons:
                  * Perhaps there was not enough information
                  * The question or issue is obscure and no one in the community has a comment
                  * The development team just had not had a chance to review it
                  * or it is a common question and some searching and investigate would turn up an answer.

I would recommend adding more detailed information to your forum post regarding your issue, environment, and debugging you have already done. I would also search the forums, wiki and internet to see if your issue has already been found, or the if there is a different solution.

• 6. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
                    rosmons

I have already provided enough information on the post and also mentioned what i figured out from detailed debugging of the Richfaces framework code.

There's no information anywhere on the internet about any similiar issue that i could find.

Also, I spent 2 days trying to make sure that it wasn't something goofy that i did before i posted on the forum.

I can understand that folks on the list must be really busy and I had no reasonable workaround to this issue which is the only reason i did post the problem.

• 7. Re: WARNING: DO NOT POST USER QUESTIONS HERE
                      jbalunas

Hi Rosmons,

I can appreciate the time it takes to review and debug web 2.0 applications, and if you feel you have investigated the issue sufficiently and are convinced it is an issue with RichFaces please enter a jira with the details and it will be reviewed by the team.

The RichFaces team & community does a good job of reviewing and commenting on forums. If yours was not replied to or not answered by the community I'm not sure what to say.