2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2004 2:43 PM by rupshall

No resource manager found for xxx

I'm trying to deploy an EJB and I get "No resource mangager found for xxx" messages for 4 of the 5 resources it references. The one that works ok is a JDBC datasource. The others are a URL and 3 JCA resources.

The URL resource is set up like this

ejb-jar.xml
      <resource-ref id="ResourceRef_1">
      Schema URL
      <res-ref-name>SchemaURL</res-ref-name>
      <res-type>java.net.URL</res-type>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
      </resource-ref>

jboss.xml
      <resource-ref id="ResourceRef_1">
      <res-ref-name>SchemaURL</res-ref-name>
      <res-url>file:/h:/schema/schema.xml</res-url>
      </resource-ref>

The 3 JCA resources are set up like this one:

ejb-jar.xml

<resource-ref id="ResourceRef_4">
      AS400 PCML Resource Adapter for Batch Programs
      <res-ref-name>AS400 PCML Resource Adapter for Batch Programs</res-ref-name>
      <res-type>javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
      </resource-ref>

jboss.xml
      <resource-ref id="ResourceRef_4">
      <res-ref-name>AS400 PCML Resource Adapter for Batch Programs</res-ref-name>
      <jndi-name>java:/AS400PCML</jndi-name>
      </resource-ref>

ra.xml (from the adapter's .rar file)
      <display-name>AS400 PCML Resource Adapter for Batch Programs</display-name>

pcmlra-ds.xml
      <connection-factories>
      <tx-connection-factory>
      <jndi-name>AS400PCML</jndi-name>
      <local-transaction/>
      <adapter-display-name>AS400 PCML Resource Adapter for Batch Programs</adapter-display-name>
      <config-property name="Server" type="java.lang.String">server</config-property>
      <config-property name="UserName" type="java.lang.String">user</config-property>
      <config-property name="Password" type="java.lang.String">password</config-property>
      <config-property name="ProxyServer" type="java.lang.String" >*NONE</config-property>
      <config-property name="ProxyPort" type="java.lang.Integer">80</config-property>
      <config-property name="PcmlFile" type="java.lang.String" >pcml</config-property>
      <config-property name="TraceLevel" type="java.lang.Integer" >5</config-property>
      <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
      <max-pool-size>10</max-pool-size>
      <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
      <idle-timeout-minutes>10</idle-timeout-minutes>
      </tx-connection-factory>
      </connection-factories>

Jboss logs this message as it's starting up, so I believe the resource adapter deployed ok and that I'm pointing to the right jndi-name in jboss.xml.

[AS400PCML] Bound connection factory for resource adapter for ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=TxCM,name=AS400PCML to JNDI name 'java:/AS400PCML'

Can anybody give me a hint as to what I've got wrong?

• 1. Re: No resource manager found for xxx
          pfowler

Were you able to get this to work? I was about to attempt find/create a resource adaptor to be able to call RPG programs on the AS/400. I am new to the AS/400. I found some Java code that looks promising in JT/Open. Currently, we use this to make calls directly from a servlet in v3 of Tomcat. I would like to take a more layered approach with JBoss. Any pointers, examples of rs_ds.xml, or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 2. Re: No resource manager found for xxx
            rupshall

Has anybody been able to get this to work?

I am really would like to implement this method in my server.