3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2003 2:16 AM by crosscourt

2 instance of JBoss on 3.2.2

crosscourt

Hi,

I previously tried setting up a second server on the same machine with 3.2.2RC3 and it worked.

I perform these tasks:
      1) made a copy of default server and renamed the dir to my server("tds")
      2) copied sample-bindings from examples to tds/conf
      3) edited jboss-service.xml to ref to the bindings file.

and I get this error:
      16:01:35,328 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed package: file:/D:/anthony/jboss-3.2.2/server/tds/deploy/jms/rmi-il-service.xml
      16:01:35,328 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/D:/anthony/jboss-3.2.2/server/tds/deploy/jms/uil2-service.xml
      16:01:35,375 WARN [ServiceConfigurator] Failed to apply service binding override
      javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: Writable attribute 'ServerBindPort' not found
      at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.setAttribute(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:190)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:500)
      at org.jboss.services.binding.AttributeMappingDelegate.applyConfig(AttributeMappingDelegate.java:77)
      at org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingManager.applyServiceConfig(ServiceBindingManager.java:174)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)

16:01:36,203 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/D:/anthony/jboss-3.2.2/server/tds/deploy/transaction-service.xml
      16:01:36,265 INFO [CachedConnectionManager] Started jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
      16:01:36,296 INFO [JaasSecurityManagerService] Created securityMgr=org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManager@ab5dae
      16:01:36,296 INFO [JaasSecurityManagerService] setCachePolicy, c=org.jboss.util.TimedCachePolicy@8ef177
      16:01:36,296 INFO [JaasSecurityManagerService] Added HsqlDbRealm, org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext@8ef455 to map
      16:01:36,328 INFO [DefaultDS] Bound connection factory for resource adapter for ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=DefaultDS to JNDI
      name 'java:/DefaultDS'
      16:01:36,328 INFO [TxConnectionManager] Started jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=DefaultDS
      16:01:37,328 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection:
      org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Connection is broken: Connection r
      efused: connect)
      at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:160)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:451)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:212)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:496)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:425)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:318)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:477)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:814)
      at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:102)
      at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.getConnection(PersistenceManager.java:1266)
      at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.resolveAllUncommitedTXs(PersistenceManager.java:216)
      at org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.startService(PersistenceManager.java:1356)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:192)

My settings:
      jboss-service.xml

tds
      ../server/tds/conf/tds-bindings.xml

org.jboss.services.binding.XMLServicesStoreFactory

and in tds-binding.xml, i just renamed server ports-01 to tds in

please help

thanks

Anthony

• 1. Re: 2 instance of JBoss on 3.2.2
          mikefinn

Make sure you get a recent copy of the sample bindings file. There was a problem like this fixed somewhere in 3.2.2 pre-GA.

Mike

• 2. Re: 2 instance of JBoss on 3.2.2
            ac249

I am using 3.2.2 latest release (10/18/03) and I get the same errors as mentioned above. The binding manager feature was working as of 3.2.2RC4, so something must have changed between RC4 and the final release.

The first error in the log points to a problem starting the uil2-service. Seeing that, I then noticed that uil2-service now says it uses one socket for all communication. So I assumed that the setting in the sample-bindings for UIL was no longer necessary (only settings for UIL2 needed?). Removing the bindings for UIL seems to solve this problem. (Is this the right thing to do?).

Now the other errors I haven't figured out yet. ANYONE????

• 3. Re: 2 instance of JBoss on 3.2.2
              crosscourt

I use the same setting at home and at uni.
              It works at home but not at uni?

I just copied the whole Jboss 3.2.2 from home and installed at uni. There were some problems with connection to the hsqldb but it just went away after restarting a few times?

Another JBoss was already running in the background using the default ports but that shouldn't be the problem?

Just glad it works now and hopefullt that error won't appear again