2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2003 5:04 PM by benstarr

Tomcat startup errors

benstarr

I have installed JBoss 3.2.2 RC4 on Mac OS 10.2. The installation is working fine and I have deployed some applications to it. However, I have noticed a couple of errors during startup saying that some of the Tomcat JARs reference other JARs which are not present in the SAR (workers.jar, log4j.jar, log4j-core.jar, mx4j.jar, xml-apis.jar, xercesImpl.jar, optional.jar, xalan.jar and commons-daemon.jar used by tomcat-jk2.jar, tomcat-util.jar, ant.jar, bootstrap.jar and commons-logging.jar). I guess I could just copy them into the SAR but it seems to work fine without them. I was just wondering if there is a reason it has been configured in this way? The SNMP adpaptor is outputting some similar message but I do not need that component.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Tomcat startup errors
          jonlee

It is funny that these are not being picked up from the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib (or whatever is your run-time instance lib directory) and JBOSS_HOME/lib directories where most of these components reside. I'm not sure about mx4j.jar, commons-daemon.jar and workers.jar though - they don't ring any bells. I'd probably get the 3.2.2 production release as well as it knocks out a few bugs.

• 2. Re: Tomcat startup errors
            benstarr

Thanks for your help. So these JARs should be picked up from the lib directories if they are not present in the SAR? I will see if I can get a hold of the production release of 3.2.2.