I stopped everything with Oracle and this issue went away. Now, my question is where can I learn about the appropriate files to configure to work around this in the future.
I'm guessing this is your Oracle web-based management console on port 8080. You can either remap it or change the embedded servlet containers in JBoss (Jetty or Tomcat) to work from another port.
You can buy the JBoss documentation that will cover the 3.2.x configuration and management.
You can also look at:
http://www.amitysolutions.com.au/downloads/response_tester.pdf in section 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 for basic information on where the connectors/listeners are configured for the embedded servlet containers. This covers specific points of configuration in relation to a particular J2EE application.