5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2004 10:04 AM by timm

Classloading in 3.2.3

gwwallace

Is there a doc somewhere describing the class loading changes in 3.2.3 ?

I have a MBean service that attempts to access resources in some ears, in 3.2.2 that was ok, but in 3.2.3 it cant find the resource. I'm using getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream

• 1. Re: Classloading in 3.2.3

Try changing the UseJBossWebLoader attribute to false in your tomcat service META-INF. This should revert back to the prior "half-integrated" web loader behavior. Assuming you're loading something from a WAR this might be the cause.

• 2. Re: Classloading in 3.2.3
            gwwallace

I am using the prefix loader, so I load an ear first,
            then load a sar last.

I want the code that is within the sar to be able to access resources in the ear.

• 3. Re: Classloading in 3.2.3

Where is the resource located exactly inside the EAR?

• 4. Re: Classloading in 3.2.3
                gwwallace

its in the toplevel, ie same level as META-INF

• 5. Re: Classloading in 3.2.3
                  timm

"juha@jboss.org" wrote:
                  Try changing the UseJBossWebLoader attribute to false in your tomcat service META-INF. This should revert back to the prior "half-integrated" web loader behavior. Assuming you're loading something from a WAR this might be the cause.

Thanks a lot!

Setting this attribute to false fixed our problem:
                  >>
                  our two web Turbine 2.3 applications are running fine in JBoss 3.2.1.

In JBoss 3.2.3 (jboss-3.2.3 &tomcat-4.1.29) web application that has been deployed first functions properly. The second one not.

These two applications has the same set of jar files under WEB-INF/lib.
                  >>