3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2004 10:33 AM by pilhuhn

Linux:  DeploymentException: ... trying to install already r

JBoss 3.2.3 with Tomcat 4.1.29:

We are running into a problem with a configuration that works well in Windows2000 but does NOT work with Linux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here follows the offending portion of the Server log:

14:52:35,828 INFO: SARDeployer jboss.deployment:type=DeploymentScanner,flavor=URL URLDeploymentScanner - nested deployment: file:/pqd2/devl/vault/mw/local/jboss-3.2.3/server/mw/deplo
      y/jbossweb-tomcat41.sar/tomcat41-service.jar
      14:52:37,728 WARN: NestedThrowable - Duplicate throwable nesting of same base type: class org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException is assignable from: class org.jboss.deployment.Dep
      loymentException
      14:52:37,732 ERROR: MainDeployer - could not create deployment: file:/pqd2/devl/vault/mw/local/jboss-3.2.3/server/mw/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat41.sar/
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: create operation failed for package file:/pqd2/devl/vault/mw/local/jboss-3.2.3/server/mw/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat41.sar/; - nested throwable: (
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.web:service=WebServer)
      at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:202)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:786)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:641)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

• 1. Re: Linux:  DeploymentException: ... trying to install alrea

Found the problem! An extra copy of the jboss-service.xml file in the jbossweb-tomcat41.sar directory.

However now I have a new problem--something seems to turn on a very verbose mode in the commons-digester that gets loaded. I have searched my configuration tree to see where a debug mode gets set and have been unable to find anything. Any ideas?

• 2. Re: Linux:  DeploymentException: ... trying to install alrea
            muriwo

I have encountered the same problem (JBoss 3.2.2 worked fine on Win2K, but JBoss 3.2.3 on Mandrake 9.2 gives the above error).

However I could not find any 'extra' jboss-service.xml files in the jbossweb-tomcat41.sar directory - rather it seems like the 'extra' entries are somewhere else, in some file loaded earlier on.

Its a bit depressing that a product which deploys so smoothly on windows comes with such a non-obvious problem on Linux.

• 3. Re: Linux:  DeploymentException: ... trying to install alrea
              pilhuhn

While I can't really comment on that error ...
              ... Jboss is running here smoothly on suse 8 as well as some redhat box. Both times out of the box with a sun jdk1.4.2.