0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2004 9:52 AM by erinql

JBoss fails to upload to NAS device

erinql

Our WAR file writes fine to a windows NAS (Network Attached Storage) device from my local copy of JDeveloper (also windows, if that makes a difference).

It also works fine from our Oracle 10g app server.

When we put it on JBoss, we get the following error on the syslog when using the web form that uploads 2 images:

2004-03-19 15:49:50,016 ERROR [com.studio44] UploadForm: error reading or saving file java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a directory: \\\\209.103.196.57\\web_share

2004-03-19 15:49:50,016 INFO [STDOUT] 42459427 [PoolThread-4] ERROR com.studio44 - UploadForm: error reading or saving file java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a directory: \\\\209.103.196.57\\web_share

So, I've tried dropping the escaped slashes to just slashes, and I've tried changing the direction, wondering if the windows-NAS enviro might be the issue. No such luck.

The advice I have so far is that the JBoss server can't see the NAS, or does not have permission to write to the NAS - how can I prove this? I'm told by our datacenter that these two devices are wide open to each other as far as IP routing goes.

Does JBoss need Samba to write these files? Does the NAS need a JBoss user setup on it? Anything would be helpful...