0 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2004 10:41 AM by chadlavy

JBoss Binding Problem On AIX

chadlavy

I am having a problem on an AIX installation of JBoss. The AIX machine in question has several network adapters and only one of them is accessible externally. I have tried every variation of setting jboss.bind.address that I could find on the forums (-Djboss.bind.address=xx.xx.xx.xx, --host=xx.xx.xx.xx, etc.)

When I look at the log files it seems that this is working and JBoss is binding to the address that I have requested, but the client application still fails to connect.

The one clue I have as to what is happening is when I do a 'telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 1099'. This is the output that I get:

¼φsr↓java.rmi.MarshalledObject|╜▲ùφcⁿ>☻♥I♦hashlocBytest☻[BobjBytesq~☺xp5yur☻[B¼≤
      °Tα☻xp*¼φt↓http://s11f06n15en1:8083/q~q~uq~♥└¼φsr org.jnp.server.NamingServer_St
      ub☻☻xrjava.rmi.server.RemoteStubΘ■▄╔ïße☻xr∟java.rmi.server.RemoteObject╙a┤æ
       a3▲♥x
      pw4
       UnicastRef2 9.11.6.15♦J0↓╡èⁿKkÃœcÇx

Connection to host lost.

Note that my xx.xx.xx.xx relates to s11f06n15en1 and yet there is mention of UnicastRef2 9.11.6.15. The latter address is a private fiber network that external clients to not have access to. (Note that my client is set up to communicate as follows -- jnp://s11f06n15en1:1099) 9.11.6.15 is also mentioned in my client communication exceptions:

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 9.11.6.15; nested exception is:
       java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]
       at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:647)
       at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:507)
       at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
       at dept.edw.security.interfaces.AuthorizationGroupsTest.setUp(AuthorizationGroupsTest.java:80)
       at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
       at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
       at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
       at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
       at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
       at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
       at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:392)
       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:276)
       at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:167)
      Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 9.11.6.15; nested exception is:
       java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:567)
       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
       at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:101)
       at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
       at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:528)
       ... 13 more
      Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
       at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452)
       at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402)
       at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:309)
       at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:124)
       at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
       at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
       at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:562)
       ... 18 more

Any Ideas / Suggestions would be appreciated.