2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2007 1:15 AM by robjellinghaus

About to land GWTJSF support for GWT 1.4

robjellinghaus

After finally wrangling with Maven, I've got a version of GWTJSF that builds against GWT 1.4.10 inside the Ajax4JSF tree. I've fixed the Maven 2 build problems in the current tree, and I've integrated the source changes I've made for GWT 1.4 compatibility (and more flexible RPC).

(This is all demonstrated in the example here: http://unrealities.com/seamgwt -- I'm just landing the code used there.)

The only unfortunate part is that the GWTShell tests in the GWTJSF tree do not run. (They do not run in the current Subversion trunk either, even once the basic Maven build problems are fixed.) It turns out there are two problems: the GWTShell classloader does not play well with the Maven classloading strategy; and the current gwt-maven plugin does not have great support for continuous-integration style expansion of platform-specific GWT versions. See this GWT-Maven thread for more details:

http://groups.google.com/group/gwt-maven/browse_thread/thread/09885f643c7b4d67/#

Sergey, Alex, Igor, please let me know if you have any concerns. Otherwise I will land by week's end.

Cheers!
      Rob

• 1. Re: About to land GWTJSF support for GWT 1.4
          robjellinghaus

I have just landed this code at revision 274 of the ajax4jsf trunk. If this causes any problems to anyone in any way, please let me know immediately. I performed the integration locally using Perforce, so I'm confident I didn't miss any files.

The gwtjsf library is now one of the included modules in the main ajax4jsf POM, and it builds successfully in that configuration.

I have an updated a4j-gwtKickStart sample, but I am not sure how or whether to land it, since it is not mavenized. I am considering landing it as an Ant build, in something like ajax4jsf/trunk/samples/gwtjsf/a4j-gwtKickStart -- not part of the main Maven build, but available in the tree. Since the gwtjsf samples aren't anywhere in the tree at all now, this doesn't seem too bad. I'll do this over the weekend (or early next week) if no one objects.

Cheers!
          Rob -- http://robjsoftware.org

• 2. Re: About to land GWTJSF support for GWT 1.4
            robjellinghaus

I've now checked in the a4j-gwtKickStart sample, as originally written up by Sergey on TheServerSide, then modified by me to exercise the new GWT 1.4-based features of the GWTJSF library.

This is in the ajax4jsf trunk, in the samples/gwtjsf directory. There's a readme.txt that is hopefully fairly explanatory.

This sample still uses ant for its build, not maven. This is because I haven't the time to finish the maven conversion here. Anyone who wants to handle that part is welcome :-)

I will also not be checking in the other, previous samples from the GWTJSF tree on ajax4jsf.dev.java.net. Again, contributions here would be welcome.

This is the last contribution I currently plan to make to the Ajax4JSF tree, though I will stay in touch with the project.

Cheers!
            Rob