0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2004 11:52 PM by Peter Luttrell

Enabling JBoss for JConsole under JDK5.0

Peter Luttrell Newbie

I'd like to use jconsole (provide with jdk5.0) to watch the vm that jboss4.0 uses.

According to the docs (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html#remote), I should be able to enable local montioring by simply setting the system property 'com.sun.management.jmxremote' for example:

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -jar Notepad.jar

So when I do this with JBoss, I modify my set JAVA_OPTs line from this: set JAVA_OPTS= -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n %JAVA_OPTS%

to this:

set JAVA_OPTS= -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n %JAVA_OPTS%

JBoss can no longer startup. When it does, it pukes with tons of errors. Starting with this:
      22:48:11,319 INFO [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86
      22:48:11,538 ERROR [MainDeployer] Initialization failed jboss.system:service=MainDeployer
      org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: Error creating MBeanProxy: jboss.system:type=ServerConfig; - nested throwable: (javax.management.InstanceNotFou
      ndException: jboss.system:type=ServerConfig)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.(MBeanProxyExt.java:77)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.create(MBeanProxyExt.java:292)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.create(MBeanProxyExt.java:247)
      at org.jboss.system.server.ServerConfigLocator.locate(ServerConfigLocator.java:30)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.createService(MainDeployer.java:431)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:237)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:219)

Does anyone know how to get jconsole workin with JBoss and JDK5.0?

-peter