Well, we are using Jboss server and out of the package it has all/default/minimal configured serves.
I had done the following to setup our own custom server for our application. I need you guys to validate the process and approach that i used and provide any feedback or improvements or any mistakes that need to correct.
1. Cloned default to something specific name such as "MyAppServer/ProductNameServer" and
2. Configured the datasource via mssql-ds.xml or oracle-ds.xml for SQLServer and or Oracle databases based on the type of deployment
3. Configured the queues/topics in the jms/jbossmq-destinations-service.xml file
4. deployed the JDBC drivers and thirdparty jars into the "MyAppServer/ProductNameServer"/lib folder
5. Disabled the http server adn tomcat running with in the app server, by deleting the following
Note.: We do disable them because we run Apache and tomcat outside the container as a separate processes and just use JBoss for EJB's.
6. Need to disable the hot deployment feature for performance improvement. I don't know how to do and what conf files i need to change in the jboss server.
7. I made the JBoss run as a Windows service by using third party freeware that helps java applications run as services.
Any feedback/suggestions/corrections are appreciated