3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2007 5:28 AM by ilya_shaikovsky

Sending components outside a region

Hi all.

I want to send an Ajax request holding the components inside the region that produced it and a component outside that region. That's because I want several regions to share one component.

Is it posible? how can I achive this?

Thank you in adavnce.

Carlos.

• 1. Re: Sending components outside a region
          ilya_shaikovsky

Decoding and further processing of the components - limited by the region. So no components outside will not be decoded, validated and updated.

But the encoding(updating components outside the region) - is available by setting renderregionOnly to false.

Please specify the case more clearly if I miss something in your question.

• 2. Re: Sending components outside a region

Hi,

I'm back from vacation today, so sorry for not answering your question before.

My question is about "Decoding" components outside the region that produced the request, but you already answered me, so thank you.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could mark a component as "SendItInEveryAjaxRequest"?

Does anybody know if something similar is planned to be implemented in a near future?

Carlos.

• 3. Re: Sending components outside a region
              ilya_shaikovsky

No.. Just do not use region where it isn't need. Don't you think it will be not a clear case but mess - to process sets of the components additionally to limited subtree. :)