2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2005 12:59 PM by nitinshiv

Having problems with change in AJP port

nitinshiv

Hi,

I had a Apache - JBoss configuration setup and Apache was forwarding requests to the application that i hosted on JBoss. In this case i had the standard port setup of 8009 for AJP13.

I changed the port for AJP13 and the HTTP port to 889 and 888 respectievely. I have made the necessary changes to workers.properties as well.

I restarted Apache and JBoss for the changes to take effect and now the requests to the application are not being forwarded. I looked in the mod_jk log file and it seems to find a match for the URI and then it tries again and fails. Here is the text from the mod_jk log file.

[Thu Jan 27 09:30:22 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (445)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
      [Thu Jan 27 09:30:22 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (459)]: Attempting to map URI '/sabin'
      [Thu Jan 27 09:30:22 2005] [jk_uri_worker_map.c (473)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found an exact match jboss0_ajp13_qc -> /sabin
      [Thu Jan 27 09:30:22 2005] [mod_jk.c (1689)]: Into handler r->proxyreq=0 r->handler=jakarta-servlet r->notes=146006560 worker=jboss0_ajp13_qc
      [Thu Jan 27 09:30:22 2005] [jk_worker.c (90)]: Into wc_get_worker_for_name jboss0_ajp13_qc
      [Thu Jan 27 09:30:22 2005] [jk_worker.c (94)]: wc_get_worker_for_name, done did not find a worker

Any insights will be greatly helpful.

TIA,
      Nitin

• 1. Re: Having problems with change in AJP port
          wgboers

Hi,

I'm not sure but is Jboss connecting to port 888/889? I.e. can you telnet to it and get a response.

It may be that you are using a port lower then 1024. On a unix system that required root access to bind to that port. You don't want to start a process as user root for security reasons so use the method the httpd server (apache) uses and change the user into something like jboss.

A good starting point may be the startp script of apache. (and other services like email, ftp server etc)

Regards, Wouter

• 2. Re: Having problems with change in AJP port
            nitinshiv

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Its the company policy. we need to have JBoss running on Well Known ports. JBoss is running as root so its able to bind to 888 and 889. I am able to get to the application directly, i.e. if i do a http://servername:888/appname. It's only the redirection or the bridge that is causing the problem.

Thanks,
            Nitin