3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2008 12:38 AM by jobinesh

Problem setting up the CDK: maven-cdk-plugin

mmichalek

Hey, I'm trying to set up the CDK for the first time (and I don't have much maven experience.) I've followed the instructions from the wiki (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/UsingCDKStartUp), and tried again with the instructions at http://demetrio812.blogspot.com/2007/10/creating-jsf-component-using-richfaces.html

When I get to the step of running:

mvn cdk:create -Dname=panel

maven reports:

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

What should I try next?

Here's the maven debug output:
      [DEBUG] maven-cdk-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
      [DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the latest version

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin:pom:LATEST

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin:pom:LATEST
      [DEBUG] maven-cdk-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
      [DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the release version

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin:pom:RELEASE

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin:pom:RELEASE
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
      [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
      [DEBUG] Trace
      org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

• 1. Re: Problem setting up the CDK: maven-cdk-plugin
          jobinesh

We are also facing the same issue. Can somebody guide us on this..

[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from repository.jboss.com
          [INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
          [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin: checking for updates from jboss-plugins
          [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin: checking for updates from jboss-snapshot-plugins
          [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin: checking for updates from repository.jboss.com
          [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin: checking for updates from central
          [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
          [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
          [INFO] Trace
          org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
          at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1303)
          at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1542)
          at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:405)
          at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:137)
          at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
          at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
          at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
          Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-cdk-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
          at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
          at org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
          at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:171)
          at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1274)
          ... 14 more
          [INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
          [INFO] Finished at: Thu May 29 10:33:23 GST 2008
          [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

• 2. Re: Problem setting up the CDK: maven-cdk-plugin
            mmichalek

I was able to resolve this problem.

The issue started for me with this command:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.richfaces.cdk -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-jsf-component -DarchetypeVersion=3.1.1-GA -DgroupId=it.novaware -DartifactId=skypecall

In my case I was changing the version to 3.1.5. But notice the dash in the version ("-GA") in the command above. For later versions of richfaces, this became a dot, so when I changed the version to 3.1.5.GA things worked a lot better.

So this command (and the subsequence instructions) worked for me:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.richfaces.cdk -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-jsf-component -DarchetypeVersion=3.1.5.GA -DgroupId=it.novaware -DartifactId=skypecall

• 3. Re: Problem setting up the CDK: maven-cdk-plugin
              jobinesh

Thank you very much mmichalek...It's working for me as well :)