1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2005 4:20 AM by darranl

unable to configure solution

anupama

Hi,
      I run JBoss and launch browser at localhost:8100 it gave me list of options.
      When I click on JMX Console,Jboss Web Console it gave me following exception I already set environment varaible Java-HOME to point to JDK directory.

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:97)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:346)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:414)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)
       org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:295)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
       org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

root cause

Unable to find a javac compiler;
      com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
      Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
       org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:105)
       org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:929)
       org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:758)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:382)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:472)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:451)
       org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)
       org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:511)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:295)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
       org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

Can anybody help me with this I am new to JBoss. Could any body suggest me good tutorials for deploying applications such as Jsp,EJB on JBOSS 3.2.6.
      Thanks Alot

• 1. Re: unable to configure solution
          darranl

When you are posting questions can you please try and make sure you post variable names and values exactly as you have configured them.

In case you are posting exactly as you have configured the environment variable it should not be 'Java-HOME' it should be 'JAVA_HOME'.

When you start JBoss there should be some output at the very top that echoes some environment information and shows the classpath that JBoss is using. Can you post that block here please.