1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2005 4:26 PM by peterj

transaction went crazy

manfredmeyer

Hi,

recently I had some severe troubles with JBoss 2.4.4 trying to recover after an OutOfMemoryError. It seemed like a transaction got into an inconsistent state so that it was repeated every time JBoss restarted but never was marked as finished. The same piece of data was written repeatedly into the database overwriting previous changes. Solving the memory leak is one part of the problem but I also have to make sure that transactions cannot go crazy anymore in the future.

Questions:
      - What progress has been made in JBoss 4 concerning transactions? Could this also happen in JBoss 4?
      - Would Arjuna+JBoss help in this case? I use MySQL which is not XA-enabled and I do not need distributed transactions.
      - Arjuna+JBoss actually comes with support for JBoss 3.2.5. Is it difficult/possible to set it up with JBoss 4.0.2?

Thanks,
      Manfred.

• 1. Re: transaction went crazy
          peterj

When I asked the developers from Arjuna the same question (will it run on 4.0.x), they indicated that at minimum it would need to be tested, and at maximum they might have to change some things first. You should really talk to them about their qualification with JBoss 4.0.2 before attempting to use Arjuna with it.