0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2005 1:23 AM by kalimuthu

jboss 4.0.2 build error with security patch - jbas-1875-patc

kalimuthu

Hello all,

Summary : I have got a problem in JBoss 4.0.2 build with jbas-1875 patch. I have made a workaround and need a verification.

Jboss 4.0.2 builds was successful without applying the security patch. but while building with security patch jbas-1875-patch.zip it throws the following error.

I appiled patch with following steps :
      =======================
      1. cd to directory where Jboss source directoy
      2. Renamed the Jboss source directory
      #mv jboss-4.0.2-src src
      3. Extracted the patch file jbas-1875-patch.zip
      #jar -xvf jbas-1875-patch.zip
      which overwrites the Jboss source files and I ignored the server and client directory

Build error details :
      ============
      [javac] Compiling 21 source files to /disk1/release5/jboss/4.0.2/Source/src/connector/output/classes
      /disk1/release5/jboss/4.0.2/Source/src/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/security/CallerIdentityLoginModule.java:146: cannot resolve symbol
      symbol : method peekRunAsIdentity ()
      location: class org.jboss.resource.security.GetPrincipalInfoAction
      RunAsIdentity runAs = GetPrincipalInfoAction.peekRunAsIdentity(); ^
      1 error

Reason : The class GetPrincipalInfoAction does not have a static member function by the name peekRunAsIdentity

Possible workaround : peekRunAsIdentity is the member of the class SecurityAssociation. So I made the following changes and successfully built Jboss successfully

File : jboss-4.0.2-src/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/security/CallerIdentityLoginModule.java

Step 1 : Import the class import org.jboss.security.SecurityAssociation;
      Step 2 :
      Line 148
      Before :
      RunAsIdentity runAs = GetPrincipalInfoAction.peekRunAsIdentity();
      After :
      RunAsIdentity runAs = SecurityAssociation.peekRunAsIdentity();

Is the above change correct or is there any other alternative solution available.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Kalimuthu