4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2007 10:21 AM by Alexander Belov

JBoss Seam + Facelets + Richfaces Tree StateWriter error

Ging Ming Chan Newbie

Originally posted in the JBoss Seam forum but no one seem to be able to help me.

I'm getting the following error once I tried to use the Richfaces Tree component:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.facelets.StateWriter
       at com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlResponseWriter.endElement(HtmlResponseWriter.java:300)
       at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.TreeRenderer.doEncodeEnd(TreeRenderer.java:248)
       at org.richfaces.renderkit.html.TreeRenderer.doEncodeEnd(TreeRenderer.java:256)
       at org.ajax4jsf.framework.renderer.RendererBase.encodeEnd(RendererBase.java:114)
       at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:827)
       at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:896)
       at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:137)
       at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:803)
       at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:886)
       at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:892)
       at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:571)
       at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:108)
       at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:229)
       at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:106)
       at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:248)
       at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:144)
       at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:245)

My environment is Java 5, Tomcat 5.5.20, JSF 1.2_03, Facelets 1.1.11, JBoss Seam 1.2.0_patch1, JBoss Richfaces 3.0.0, Ajax4jsf 1.1.0

I tried to use the Richfaces dataList and it works, so I guess my configuration for Richfaces is correct. May I know if anyone has successfully used the Tree and TreeNode of the latest Richfaces under JBoss Seam?

Thanks for your help.