0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2006 11:11 PM by Colin Young

    Problems deploying ear/har (works on other JBoss installatio

    Colin Young Newbie

      I have a application packaged as ear and har files. The can be successfully deployed on JBoss 4.0.2 on other machines (at least one linux and one windows), but when I attempt to deploy on my machine (windows XP, JBoss 4.0.2) I get some errors in the log (at end of post). I have changed the jdbc connection to point to the correct database locally (MySql), and all database references appear to point to the connection defined in mysql-ds.xml. I do not have a lot of experience with JBoss, but I am working with someone who does, and he is just as stumped as I am.

      I've already removed and reinstalled JBoss (I've also tried 4.0.3, but that didn't work either) and the jdbc driver jar is good (at least it works in other non-JBoss applications.

      I know that it's a bit vague, but I'm hoping that somebody can give me some pointers to help track down this problem (at least if it failed on all my machines, it would make a bit more sense).

      Thanks.

      Colin Young

      2006-02-27 21:54:07,828 INFO [org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection provider: org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider
      2006-02-27 21:54:07,843 INFO [org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider] C3P0 using driver: null at URL: null
      2006-02-27 21:54:07,843 INFO [org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider] Connection properties: {user=root, password=****, agressive_release=true}
      2006-02-27 21:54:07,843 INFO [org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider] autocommit mode: false
      2006-02-27 21:54:07,843 WARN [org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider] No JDBC Driver class was specified by property hibernate.connection.driver_class
      2006-02-27 21:54:07,890 INFO [com.mchange.v2.log.MLog] MLog clients using log4j logging.
      2006-02-27 21:54:07,953 INFO [com.mchange.v2.c3p0.C3P0Registry] Initializing c3p0-0.9.0 [built 11-July-2005 00:43:29 -0400; debug? true; trace: 10]
      2006-02-27 21:54:08,343 INFO [com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource] Initializing c3p0 pool... com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource@1aea727 [ connectionPoolDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource@1611aec [ acquireIncrement -> 2, acquireRetryAttempts -> 30, acquireRetryDelay -> 1000, autoCommitOnClose -> false, automaticTestTable -> null, breakAfterAcquireFailure -> false, checkoutTimeout -> 0, connectionTesterClassName -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.DefaultConnectionTester, factoryClassLocation -> null, forceIgnoreUnresolvedTransactions -> false, identityToken -> 1611aec, idleConnectionTestPeriod -> 3000, initialPoolSize -> 2, maxIdleTime -> 5000, maxPoolSize -> 5, maxStatements -> 100, maxStatementsPerConnection -> 0, minPoolSize -> 2, nestedDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource@3a0589 [ description -> null, driverClass -> null, factoryClassLocation -> null, identityToken -> 3a0589, jdbcUrl -> null, properties -> {user=******, password=******, agressive_release=true} ], preferredTestQuery -> null, propertyCycle -> 300, testConnectionOnCheckin -> false, testConnectionOnCheckout -> false, usesTraditionalReflectiveProxies -> false ], factoryClassLocation -> null, identityToken -> 1aea727, numHelperThreads -> 3 ]
      2006-02-27 21:54:08,390 DEBUG [com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool] An exception occurred while acquiring a resource.
      java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
       at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
       at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.driver(DriverManagerDataSource.java:158)
       at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:81)
       at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.getPooledConnection(WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource.java:96)
       at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1.acquireResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:89)
       at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.acquireUntil(BasicResourcePool.java:665)
       at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$500(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
       at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1204)
       at com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:368)