1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2006 1:51 PM by bdruth

JBoss&Jetty with IBM JDK 1.5

darylb

Has anybody ever gotten JBoss4 to work with IBM's Java 1.5 JDK? I seem to be having many problems starting up the server; specifically related to parsing XML documents.

Here is the type of info I get in jboss.trace file when it tries to start up (note java version and platform info is shown in case you wanted it):

14:28:21,396 INFO [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
      14:28:21,400 INFO [Server] Starting General Purpose Architecture (GPA)...
      14:28:21,882 INFO [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.5.0,IBM Corporation
      14:28:21,882 INFO [ServerInfo] Java VM: IBM J9 VM 2.3,IBM Corporation
      14:28:21,883 INFO [ServerInfo] OS-System: Linux 2.6.5-7.97-smp,x86
      14:28:22,560 INFO [Server] Core system initialized
      14:28:25,653 INFO [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resource:log4j.xml
      14:28:28,326 WARN [XMLLoginConfigImpl] End loadConfig, failed to load config: file:/jboss4jetty5/server/test/conf/login-config.xml
      org.jboss.security.auth.login.ParseException: Encountered "<?xml" at line 1, column 1.
      Was expecting one of:
       <EOF>
       <IDENTIFIER> ...

at org.jboss.security.auth.login.SunConfigParser.generateParseException(SunConfigParser.java:389)
      [...]

There are more exceptions that follow; many of which are obviously caused by the login-config not being parsed.

So far I have tried:

- Looking for another config parser; maybe I shouldn't be using "SunConfigParser" since my JDK is IBM's. (couldn't find another parser... where to look?)
      - Forcing the IBM JDK to use the same xml parser as JBoss (either didn't work at all or it made no difference).
      - I read somewhere that it complains about "<?xml" if there is anything wrong at all with the login-config.xml (I have validated it, and was also using it with Sun's JDK and it was fine).
      - I have verified that the URL in the xml doctype declaration is reachable by the maching running the JBoss server.

Does anybody know what my problem might be?

• 1. Re: JBoss&Jetty with IBM JDK 1.5

This happens to me using the Sun (1.5) JRE as well. I am trying to start JBoss from within the Web Tools Platform (WTP) plugin for Eclipse. I am using WTP to create web services, but it needs a deployment server setup, so using JBoss IDE or MyEclipse won't help me much in this respect.