3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2007 2:30 PM by sergeysmirnov

modalPanel rendering and behavier problem

max76

Hi,

i have rendering problems with modalPanel in IE6 & 7; the panel ist not on top of the other components.

Also the dialog is not modal (i can click on links etc. when the dialog is displayed).

All these problems happen in a custom application AND also when i view the modalPanel demo from the RichFaces LiveDemo site, but are gone when using FireFox.

I can send Screenshots if desired.

Anybody else discovered these weird situation?

best regards,
      Markus Fahrnberger

• 1. Re: modalPanel rendering and behavier problem
          stu2

It seems to behaving fairly well in Mozilla 2.0, but it doesn't work at all in Safari (popup never even appears).

• 2. Re: modalPanel rendering and behavier problem
            max76

I just tried the newest snapshot (richfaces-3.0.1-20070322.000322-9.jar) and it seems that the rendering and modal problems on IE are gone now (the panel is modal if displayed and always stays on top of other components).

But now, as for my example code, the value in the backend bean that i whish to set is not updated anymore... (both in IE and FF)

<rich:modalPanel id="mp" minHeight="200" minWidth="450" height="200" width="500" zindex="2000">
            code: <h:inputText id="phpCode" value="#{PropertyBean.propertyValue['initValPhp']}" />
             <a href="javascript:Richfaces.hideModalPanel('propertyform:mp')">-- CANCEL -- </a>
             <a4j:commandLink value="OK" action="#{PropertyBean.save}" oncomplete="javascript:Richfaces.hideModalPanel('propertyform:mp')" />
            </rich:modalPanel>

---
            btw... amazing components are available in the richFaces lib...
            Thx. alot

• 3. Re: modalPanel rendering and behavier problem

In order to avoid a bug in IE, we move the root node of the dialog on the top of DOM tree. However, you have to have a separate form inside the modal panel because, it is not inside the h:form you declare it on the page.