2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2006 12:26 PM by arlo

ExecuteQueue logs?

arlo

Hello,

My company has just migrated from Weblogic to Jboss, and we have one question regarding the monitoring of the queues.

With Weblogic, we were able to log every minute the number of threads used, into the file ExecuteQueue.log.

Today, we didn't find a way to log this information, and it's critical for us. We are not able to determine if our servers are saturated or not.

I succeed to have this information with a live MC4J console, but I need a solution able to write on a file.

Is there a way to log the status of the queues with JBoss?

Thanks,
      Arlo.

• 1. Re: ExecuteQueue logs?
          peterj

I think the data you are looking for is in the mbean named jboss.system:type=ServerInfo, attribute named ActiveThreadCount. You can view this data online via the jmx-console. Or you can use twiddle (http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch2.chapter.html#d0e3901) to access the data as follows:

>twiddle get "jboss.system:type=ServerInfo" ActiveThreadCount
          ActiveThreadCount=57

While there is no "switch" that you can flip within the app server to get this data printed to a file, you can easily write a script to periodically call twiddle and output the results to a file, or you can even write Java code to lookup the mbean value.

• 2. Re: ExecuteQueue logs?
            arlo

Thank you!

I succeed to create a script that write exactly the same informations as Weblogic.

BR,
            Arlo.