1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 15, 2006 4:18 AM by lafr

Deploying with JBoss rules

I am trying to deploy an EAR which contains two WARs and some utility JARs containing drools specific classes. These utility jars are included in the classpath for the WARs through the manifest file. However, during execution, the server throws an error saying : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult.getProblems().

The funny thing is that this error does not arise when the utility jars containing drools are placed within the WEB-INF/lib folder of the WARs.

Another way to avoid the error is to add -Ddrools.compiler=JANINO as a command line switch for JBoss server.

Though I have a way of making my application work, I just wanted to know the reason behind this peculiar behavior. I do realize that this may be occuring due to mismatch in the JDT compiler that JBoss and Drools. I just want to be sure.

• 1. Re: Deploying with JBoss rules
          lafr

The class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult is not part of any lib of jbossrules. The class is needed, when an error occured in your rules.
          I added org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.2.0.v_671.jar from eclipse 3.2.0 to the libs.