5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2006 2:15 PM by vk101

ejb3.deployer?

Where is the ejb3.deployer folder supposed to be? I downloaded 4.0.4.GA of JBoss from the GUI installer (and selected the "all" install), but in my server/default/deploy there's no ejb3.deployer directory.

This confuses me because the TrailBlazer documentation keeps referring to it. In fact, many other places refer to it.

Where is this folder?!

And where is:

- ejb3-clustered-sfsbcache-service.xml
      - ejb3-entity-cache-service.xml

Why is an "all" installation of the most recent version of the GUI install giving such a bullshit configuration, with not half of the files/folders that all the tutorials and books out there are referring to?

JBoss documentation disappoints, as usual.

• 1. Re: ejb3.deployer?
          djr667

You need to choose the 'EJB' configuration when installing, not 'all'.

Doing so creates a 'ejb3.deployer' directory under deploy.

Dave

• 2. Re: ejb3.deployer?

Then what is the difference between "all" and "ejb3" and the other configurations?shouldn't "all" include everything else as well?

I'd like to know if I select "all", what else am I missing out on under that configuration?

• 3. Re: ejb3.deployer?

"all" maps to app server's "all" config. It doesn't really mean that all the products/file packs will be installed. We will rename all profile to make this clear.

• 4. Re: ejb3.deployer?

Could you explain what you mean by app server's "all" config? What's an example of something it would be renamed to?

Could you provide a list of all the products/file packs that are installed under each configuration?

(Right now I'm just taking shots in the dark, selecting a certain config and seeing what end result is there to surprise me!)

• 5. Re: ejb3.deployer?

If I want a J2EE 1.4 compatible JBoss in addition to ejb (and possibly) clustered configuration, how do I do this?!