You've effectively changed the listener (i.e. the server side of the communication). You are referring to the ports that the webservice web application "thinks" the webservice is the listener on.
Change the webserviceport in here:
Thanks for the info.
You've put me in the right path.
So here goes my solution in case somebody else needs it.
Running JBoss AS 4.0.5 with Jbossws.sar (JDK 1.5)
What I did was to unzip the jbossws.beans file to a folder called jbossws.beans, then inside it changed the jboss-beans.xml file where the webserviceport was located (in Jbossws.sar (JDK 1.5), jboss-service.xml there was no webserviceport descriptor, nor could I add the similar one from JDK 1.4).
It's running as it should now,
thanks again andy.