3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2006 11:00 AM by peterj

ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/

mukherjiarnab

I am using RedHat Linux 9 psyche version and installing JBoss over it version jboss-4.0.5.GA but during the run.sh command the terminal shows the said subject error can anyone help me please in deploying the jboss in linux the enviromental variables for java are also configured

• 1. Re: ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: fi
          peterj

1) Do not post part of your text in the subject. The subject field is too short and as you will notice it is truncated, so the error that you hoped we would be able to read, we cannot.

2) Don't shout (put all your text in bold). It is rude.

3) I don't recognize the version of RedHat (9 psyche?) I thought RedHat is only up to 5, while SUSE is up to 10.

4) What JVM are you using? The one that came with RedHat? Is so, you will first need to install a JVM from Sun. (Run the following command and post the results: java -version)

5) When posting a problem, please post the entire error along with the stack trace (use the [ code ] ... [ /code] tags around the stack trace)

6) How did you install JBoss? By unzipping the zip file or by running the installation jar file?

• 2. Re: ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: fi
            mukherjiarnab

Sorry for the above bold letters which I have used in my post. The main problem is:
            "964 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/default/deploy/jboss-aop.deployer/"
            I thought that by using this error in the subject, it takes the whole thats why I have posted this in my main subject line.
            The version of RedHat is "Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5" .
            I have installed j2sdk1.4.2_13 in the "/usr" path in the folder java which i have installed from the Sun.
            I install JBoss by unzipping the tar file.

• 3. Re: ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: fi
              peterj

There should be a stack trace along with the error message. Please post it also.