2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2006 4:26 AM by wilkowskim

Large number of files in the WAR directory

wilkowskim

Hello,
      we have developed unpacked WAR application which is run on JBoss-4.0.3SP1 with JBoss Web Server (and using default TomcatDeployer).

Our application is CMS application with a large number of files within the WAR directory. As the number of files grows it takes longer and longer to scan it (and will probably end-up with OutOfMemory exception sooner or later). Is there any possibility to indicate that a folder should be turned off for scanning? Of course I would like the directory to be available for request dispatcher (however, it doesn't not have to be scanner to achieve that).

Regards
      Michal

• 1. Re: Large number of files in the WAR directory
          peterj

First, do not post the same question in multiple forums.

Take a look at the FilterInstance attribute for the jboss.deployment:type=DeploymentScanner,flavor=URL MBean in the server/xxx/conf/jboss-service.xml file. It lists several prefixes, suffixes and file names that the scanner ignores. You could either modify one of these lists, or rename the directory you don't want scanned to match one of these. Not sure if this will do what you want, but it is worth a try.

• 2. Re: Large number of files in the WAR directory
            wilkowskim

Hello,
            thank you for response, however it will not help. I made some investigation. DeploymentScanner scans for file that should be deployed, i.e. my WAR directory. However, when it decides to deploy the WAR directory it calls so called MainDeployer. The deployer then calls TomcatDeployer which is actually responsible for deploying WAR.

What I need is to configure TomcatDeployer to make it skip the selected directory. Is it possible? I haven't traced TomcatDeployer source file yet.

Regards
            Michal