0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2007 9:00 AM by maulik shah

Problem with the valve configuration

maulik shah Newbie

Hi All,

In our production we want Sun One Web server 6.1 and JBoss App server combination. Almost all things are done.
      But I got one problem which i want to discuss.
      Basically, I have enabled Single Sign On for web server and through webserver App server got connected. The problem is if i know the ip and port on which App server running, i can able to connect directly on app server. I don't want to do that. Let only the request comes from web server (sun one- 6.1) and have the access on app server. So nobody can directly able to connect to app server.
      I have setup valve in the server.xml and allow only certain ip,but as this picks the client ip.(users who access it through internet obviously are not allowed with this configuration). But I want even those users also should able to connect from internet but only restriction is the request should come from web server only.
      I have use - className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve. I think I should have to provide different valve value than "RemoteAddrValve".
      we have 3 machines(load balancing) for web server,so we want only 3 IP should be allowd by Tomcat.
      Any expert? I am sure there is someone who had done this thing. please let me know the solution.
      Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Maulik