1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2007 5:40 PM by risenhoover

Classloading problem while migrating from jboss 4.0.3 to jbo

Hi all,

I'v troubles while trying to deploy my application in jboss 4.0.5.

I've got the errors belows.

log4j:ERROR A "org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.spi.ErrorHandler" variable.
      log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.spi.ErrorHandler" was loaded by
      log4j:ERROR [org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@8c048e{ url=file:/D:/Documents/developpements/workspace/nis_portail_ear/deploy/portail_ear.ear/ ,addedOrder=48}] whereas object of type
      log4j:ERROR "org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler" was loaded by [org.jboss.system.server.NoAnnotationURLClassLoader@1a33d48].
      log4j:ERROR Could not create an Appender. Reported error follows.
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender

The same application is well deployed in jboss 4.0.3
      It seems there is a change in jboss classloading beween the two versions.
      I don't want to remove log4j.jar from my application librairies.
      Can someone tells how to get rid off this kind of problem.

thank in advance.
      Meissa

• 1. Re: Classloading problem while migrating from jboss 4.0.3 to
          risenhoover

My advice is, unless you have some specific reason, remove the log4j.jar files from your application libraries.

I've set up a special lib directory into which I put all the jar files that my application needs that jboss has -- and I compile against that. But I don't put any of those jars in the final WEB-INF/lib directory. I depend on the classloader to pull them from Jboss at run-time.

I can assure you that I've had dozens of odd problems that were fixed by slimming my WEB-INF/lib directory.

Good luck.