3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2007 3:15 PM by peterj

JBoss Not Running

rmhpirate

I have tried everything and cannot get JBoss to run. I have downloaded and installed JDK 1.5 into the following directory: c:\Java. I have downloaded and installed JBoss into the following directory: c:\JBoss. I have set a new system environment variable as: JAVA_HOME with a value of c:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11.

When I open a cmd window and navigate to c:\JBoss\bin and attempt to run "run.bat" I get the following:

"Could not locate C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin\lib\tools.jar. Unexpected results may occur. Make sure that JAVA_HOME point to a JDK and not a JRE."

I'm loosing my mind. Help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: JBoss Not Running
          peterj

Does C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin\lib\tools.jar actually exist? What files/directories are in the c:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11 directory? You should see:

THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt
          bin
          demo
          include
          jre
          lib
          sample
          COPYRIGHT
          LICENSE
          LICENSE.rtf
          README.html
          src.zip

• 2. Re: JBoss Not Running
            rmhpirate

Everything that you have listed is in the c:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11 directory. However, I cannot find c:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin\lib\tools.jar. In the bin directory of that path there is only a client directory and a server directory.

• 3. Re: JBoss Not Running
              peterj

Sorry, I didn't look closely enough at the directory name. It would appear that you have JAVA_HOME set to c:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin.