8 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 5:07 AM by m.wigge

PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5

How should I set the URLComparator to PrefixDeploymentSorter in JBoss5 beta 2?

Thanks

James

• 1. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
          fredmaster

Somebody can reply this post ?

Tanks,

Fred

• 2. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
            dastraub

The PrefixDeploymentSorter pops up again in JBoss 6 (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7614).

I used this cass with JBoss 5 (added to lib/jboss-system.jar and modified conf/bootstrap/deployers.xml).

• 3. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
              mikefinkenzeller

What exactly did you change in the deployers.xml file? I copied the class into the jboss-system.jar file and change the class in the deployers.xml file but am getting a NullPointerException on deployment.

• 4. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
                jaikiran

I guess, he changed this:

<!-- use legacy ordering -->
                   <bean name="topContextComparator">
                     <constructor factoryClass="org.jboss.system.deployers.LegacyDeploymentContextComparator" factoryMethod="getInstance"/>
                   </bean>

to

<constructor factoryClass="org.jboss.system.deployers.LegacyPrefixDeploymentContextComparator" factoryMethod="getInstance"/>
                   </bean>

• 5. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
                  dastraub

Yes, that's my change. I don't get an NPE with this change, but I tested only a little deployment which I use in a class.

• 6. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
                    dastraub

Now I get the same NPE if I deploy an EAR with some JAR's. I described this also in the https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7614.

If we change the bootstrap/deployers.xml in this way, the singelton instance of the LegacyDeploymentContextComparator doesn't exist (

who is used inside of a EAR).

In this case the AbstractStructureBuilder creates an new instance for the current deployment, but this instance of LegacyDeploymentContextComparator isn't initialized. This wil happen only during an lifecycle-callback ("create").

To fix this, I added also the LegacyDeploymentContextComparator in the bootstrap/deployers.xml :

<constructor factoryClass="org.jboss.system.deployers.LegacyPrefixDeploymentContextComparator" factoryMethod="getInstance"/>
                       </bean>

<bean name="otherContextComparator">
                         <constructor factoryClass="org.jboss.system.deployers.LegacyDeploymentContextComparator" factoryMethod="getInstance"/>
                       </bean>

in this case the singelton of the LegacyDeploymentContextComparator is created and used by nested deployments.

• 7. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
                      mikefinkenzeller

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I will give that a try.

• 8. Re: PrefixDeploymentSorter in Jboss 5
                        m.wigge

I compiled a LegacyPrefixDeploymentContextComparator.class and put it into jboss-system.jar. After I've updated my deployers.xml I got this Exception:

2010-05-26 12:35:08,427 ERROR [org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile:
                        java.lang.IllegalStateException: Deployers are shutdown
                                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkShutdown(DeployersImpl.java:187)
                                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.process(DeployersImpl.java:778)
                                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:545)
                                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:304)
                                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:205)
                                at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:405)
                                at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:209)
                                at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:547)
                                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Any ideas?

Could anyone upload a working jboss-system.jar (with LegacyPrefixDeploymentContextComparator) to check if i made a misstake?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

Found a misstake in my deployers.xml 

It seems to work!