2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2007 10:55 AM by khooke

4.0.1sp1 upgrade to 4.2.0GA with webapp using Hibernate 3.0.

khooke

I have a webapp that I've been running on JBoss 4.0.1sp1 (and prior versions) for a couple of years - the war is self contained and is using Hibernate 3.0.5.

Deploying this same webapp to 4.2.0GA I get exceptions when the SessionFactory tries to initialize:

2007-05-29 23:46:53,203 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerDelegate
      2007-05-29 23:46:53,204 ERROR [STDERR] at org.hibernate.transaction.JNDITransactionManagerLookup.getTransactionManager(JNDITransactionManagerLookup.java:23)
      2007-05-29 23:46:53,204 ERROR [STDERR] at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:270)
      2007-05-29 23:46:53,204 ERROR [STDERR] at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1005)

The lines in my hibernate.cfg.xml file related to the Transaction Manager look like this:
       <property name="connection.datasource">java:/datasourcename</property>
       <property name="show_sql">true</property>
       <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect</property>
       <property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class">org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory</property>
       <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class">
       org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup</property>

And my datasource configuration looks like this:
      <datasources>
       <local-tx-datasource>
       <jndi-name>datasourcename</jndi-name>
       <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/databasename</connection-url>
       <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
       <user-name>user</user-name>
       <password>password</password>
       </local-tx-datasource>

</datasources>

I gather the Transaction Manager in 4.2 is now different. Do I have to configure something different, either in my datasource or my hibernate config?

Thanks, Kevin