1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2007 3:48 PM by _ebm_

JBoss and OpenORB orb.init

_ebm_

Atm I am trying to install a WebApp that is supporting an OpenORB orb. During deploy I get the following error-message:

14:10:13,312 INFO [STDOUT] [Thread-9] [ERROR] (orb): IOException while parsing XML File "resource:/org/openorb/config/OpenORB.xml"
      java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate resource: /org/openorb/config/OpenORB.xml
      at org.jboss.net.protocol.resource.ResourceURLConnection.makeDelegateUrl(ResourceURLConnection.java:74)
      at org.jboss.net.protocol.DelegatingURLConnection.<init>(DelegatingURLConnection.java:55)
      at org.jboss.net.protocol.resource.ResourceURLConnection.<init>(ResourceURLConnection.java:49)
      at org.jboss.net.protocol.resource.Handler.openConnection(Handler.java:43)
      at java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:945)
      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
      at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:180)
      at org.openorb.orb.config.Configurator.parseXML(Configurator.java:1023)
      at org.openorb.orb.config.Configurator.handleXMLImport(Configurator.java:1096)
      at org.openorb.orb.config.Configurator.<init>(Configurator.java:137)
      at org.openorb.orb.config.OpenORBLoader.init(OpenORBLoader.java:159)
      at org.openorb.orb.core.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1131)
      at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:337)

At first it seems he cannot find the OpenORB.jar, but when I check, he finds it and is able to load the ORB class. so he cannot resolve the resource in the jar-file. Why is he using the jboss protocol handler? Can i set it to the OpenORB protocol handler? setting the property in the App before orb.init() or setting it as %JVM_OPT% in run.bat did not help .

I am developing with Windows XP, Java 1.5 and 1.6. JBoss is 4.x (reproducable under 4.0.6, 4.2, 4.2.1)

Does anybody have a hint to solve this?

Regards Carsten

Ps sorry for my poor english. I'm not a natural speaker.

• 1. Re: JBoss and OpenORB orb.init
          _ebm_

Ok, I have searched deeper... it seems that the WebAppClassLoader (resp. Catalinas WebappClassLoader) does not find the resource. Earlier it loaded the ORB class and now it cannot find the resource-file. How could that happen?

Plz help. Any comment is appreciated

Regards Carsten