2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2007 9:35 PM by purnendu9

JBOSS 4.2.1 GA does not work with SEAM in netbeans

purnendu9

I tried creating a sample project in netbeans using the Seamgenerator with no manual configuration change.

These are the steps i followed
      1. I downloaded and added the JBOSS 4.2.1 GA to Netbeans as a server
      2. I created a Enterprise Skeleton app using the netbeans Seamgenerator plugin
      3. I used all default configurations for generating the Enterprise APP
      Here is the first problem i faced. The Output window always comes up with the following statement

cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'web-module' is not complete. One of '{"http://www.netbeans.org/ns/freeform-project-web/1":web-inf}' is expected.

This points to an XML tag below

<web-module>
      <doc-root>view</doc-root>

<context-path/>
      <j2ee-spec-level>1.5</j2ee-spec-level>
      </web-module>

However i ignored this problem and went ahead deploying the app.

4. I built and deployed the app in Default> Deploy directory
      5. Started the JBOSS server
      6. JBOSS server failed with multiple errors
      I am outlining the type of errors as below

> It gave an error about Listner whcih was present in Myfaces 1.2 Implementation JAR. I Placed the My Faces 1.2 implementation JAR in the default lib and the error went away

> The persistent context was created without password and the mysql connection JAR was missing. Fixed both and went ahead

> Now comes another error which i am not being able to fix

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.addELResolver(javax.el.ELResolver)

This error is because it is picking the 1.1 RI implementation from somewhere. I am not being able to detect it. However i am stuck and i think anybody/ everybody using netbeans M10 - JBOSS 4.2.1 and SEAM may have the same problem as mentioned above.

Help needed. Thanks is advance
      Purnendu
      purnendu_das2002@yahoo.com

• 1. Re: JBOSS 4.2.1 GA does not work with SEAM in netbeans
          grandfatha

If i remember correctly, the Seam Plugin is said to work under Netbeans 5.5 with Seam 1.2.1 GA which works on JBoss 4.0.5 (JEMS Installer with ejb3 profile).

I think you are using incompatible versions. With JBoss 4.2, they threw out Myfaces to put the Sun reference implementation in there instead. Re-adding the jar files in the lib folder wont be enough, I think.

So, basically, figure out the correct versions and consider not using Netbeans 6 right now. I have used the latest build today and it threw exceptions while editing a regular facelet file. That IDE is awesome, but not production ready let alone near a beta status.

• 2. Re: JBOSS 4.2.1 GA does not work with SEAM in netbeans
            purnendu9

Thanks for the reply. I also thought the same and now have switched to myeclipse. Let me see if i face any problem with it.