3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2007 10:28 PM by peterj

How to clean JBoss loaded EARs?

rigel77

Hi,

I need to clean completely the JBoss environment. Is it sufficient to erase the EAR from the server/default/deploy directory or does it exists a specific command from web console or shell?

Tnx in advance

• 1. Re: How to clean JBoss loaded EARs?
          peterj

Yes, removing the EAR file (or directory) from the deploy directory is sufficient.

If you want to start over from a completely clean server configuration, bring the app server down and also remove these directories:

server/default/data
          server/default/log
          server/default/tmp
          server/default/work

• 2. Re: How to clean JBoss loaded EARs?
            rigel77

"PeterJ" wrote:
            Yes, removing the EAR file (or directory) from the deploy directory is sufficient.

If you want to start over from a completely clean server configuration, bring the app server down and also remove these directories:

server/default/data
            server/default/log
            server/default/tmp
            server/default/work

Thank you Peter, also really clear and useful the second part. Now I can clean safely my JBoss environment :)

• 3. Re: How to clean JBoss loaded EARs?
              peterj

Another option, and the one I prefer: never run 'default' or 'all'. Instead, make a copy and run that. Example: copy server/default as server/foobar and then "run -c foobar". That way, 'default' and 'all' are always pristene.