0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2007 11:38 AM by nrichards

Post not working with mod_jk (Get is ok)

Hi,

I am in the middle of moving our web setup from Tomcat 5 to JBoss 4.2. We are currently using mod_jk2, with IIS and Tomcat on different machines.

My plan was to replicate that setup but use JBoss and mod_jk (mod_jk2 now deprecated). I followed the instructions in the recommended link http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBossAndIIS, but have had limited success. Any GETs are served fine, but POSTs arrive inside our application with the form empty. The code to process the empty form still runs, but a response doesn't appear to be sent back and the client (eventually) gets a 'Page cannot be displayed' error. If I switch back to Tomcat, the problem disappears.

My workers.properties.minimal is

worker.list=ajp13w

worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
      worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
      worker.ajp13w.port=8009

worker.status.type=status

The connector in jboss-web.deployer/server.xml is

<Connector port="8009"
       maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
       enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
       connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

and I've changed jboss-web.deployer/META-INF/jboss-service.xml to read

<attribute name="UseJK">true</attribute>

I'm currently running run.bat with -b 0.0.0.0 so JBoss can listen outside localhost, but I have also tested the problem with IIS running on the same machine as JBoss and get the same result.

I'm sure there must be an easy explanation, but for the life of me I cannot find what it could be. Could someone please put me out of my misery :)

Many thanks,
      Neil