7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2008 9:31 AM by fengbin98

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: o

fengbin98

Hi, when I use Jboss in my application, I get the above error. I unjar the file under org/jboss/tm/jboss.tar downloaded from jboss.org. TransactionTimeoutConfiguration.class does not exist.

Anybody has some idea? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Exception in thread
          jaikiran

Which version of JBoss? How do you start JBoss? And post the entire exception stacktrace.

• 2. Re: Exception in thread
            fengbin98

Version: jboss-4.0.5.GA

Complete Trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/tm/TransactionTimeoutConfiguration
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
            at com.wire.db.DbConn.getContext(DbConn.java:109)
            at

• 3. Re: Exception in thread
              fengbin98

The following is the complete jboss jar files I have in my classpath.

jboss.jar
              jboss-common.jar
              jboss-j2ee.jar
              jboss-ica.jar
              jboss-system.jar
              jboss-transaction.jar

• 4. Re: Exception in thread
                jaikiran

at com.wire.db.DbConn.getContext(DbConn.java:109)

What is this DbConn class? Is it a standalone java class? What is it trying to do? It look strange, since it calls the

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Is this the exact exception stacktrace or did you remove some parts out of it? Can you post the code where this is being done? And the JBoss jars that you have placed in the classpath, where did you pcik these jars from?

• 5. (off topic) unsubscribing
                  jazzinto

Hello all

I am ver sorry to post this here, but i have been completely unable to find any help on this topic on the jboss website

I am receiving posts about Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT by e-mail, and I want to stop receiving them, but i cannot find the way to do so. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards to all, and, again, all my apologies.

• 6. Re: Exception in thread
                    jaikiran

jazzinto,

The right place to ask this question would be at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=216.

I am receiving posts about Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT by e-mail, and I want to stop receiving them, but i cannot find the way to do so. Any help will be highly appreciated.

When you login to the forum, you will see a "Watched Forums" link, where you can configure the forums you want to watch. Have you selected "Installation, Configuration & Deployment" forum there? If yes, then unselect it. That should stop any mails being sent out when someone posts in this forum.

If this does not work or if you have any other questions related to this, please open a new topic in http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=216.

• 7. Re: Exception in thread
                      fengbin98

Somebody helped me solve the problem. What was missing is jboss-transaction.jar. Thank you all for help.