7 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2008 11:58 PM by asamir

Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances

asamir

Hello everybody,

I am trying to run two instances of JBoss 3.2.5 application server on a single machine.
      I have done the configuration for the "Service Binding" as per the JBoss documentation (Chapter 10).

However, on a test machine, the second instance does not start. It shows an error message "*** Socket error: Port 0 is already in use. ***" very early in the beginning.

Any hint on the reason of such error ?

Regards,
      Samir

• 1. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
          jaikiran
          • 2. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
            asamir

Thanks for the link.

I have followed the instruction given in the link. However, it does not work. It still shows the error message "*** Socket error: Port 0 is already in use. ***".

I have also tried to start the second JBoss instance with -b option (different IP address on the same NIC). But still it gives the same error.

I am wondering what could be the reason for that error ?

Regards,
            Samir

• 3. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
              jaikiran

Please post the entire exception stacktrace, the version of JBoss and Java and also the operating system which you are using.

• 4. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
                asamir

JBoss Version: 3.2.5
                jdk version: 1.4.1_02
                OS version: Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition.

Full Error message from JBoss console (No exceptions are thrown):

===============================================================================
                JBoss Bootstrap Environment
                JBOSS_HOME: D:\jboss-3.2.5\bin\\..
                JAVA: C:\jDev10g\jdk\bin\java
                JAVA_OPTS: -Dprogram.name=run.bat -Xms128m -Xmx512m
                CLASSPATH: C:\jDev10g\jdk\lib\tools.jar;D:\jboss-3.2.5\bin\\run.jar
                ===============================================================================
                *** Socket error: Port 0 is already in use. ***
                Press any key to continue . . .

• 5. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
                  jaikiran

What exactly did you change? Can you post the changes in the configuration files? Port 0 is not a port which JBoss uses in any of its port configurations.

While posting the logs or xml content or code, remember to wrap it in a code block using the Code button in the message editor window and please hit the Preview button to make sure your post is correctly formatted

• 6. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
                    peterj

Also, 1.4.1 is a very old JDK. Could you upgrade to the latest 1.4.2 JDK and try again. There might be an incompatibility between 1.4.1 and Windows Server 2003.

• 7. Re: Two JBoss 3.2.5 Instances
                      asamir

I would like to thank all of you for your help and support.

Now it works fine. The problem seemed to be related to Oracle jvm options. The "run.bat" file was configured with debugging options.

Thanks again.

Regards,
                      Samir