4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 7:43 AM by nickarls

not accessible from localhost

nickarls

Not the usual "I can only access the connector from localhost". My problem is "I can't access the connector from localhost".

I started it with -b 0.0.0.0 -Djboss.bind.address=192.168.20.34 and it works fine, but I can't access it from localhost or the jboss.bind.address. I thought 0.0.0.0 would cover about everything. The host has serveral interfaces so I had to use the -D switch to get it running...

• 1. Re: not accessible from localhost
          peterj

In the console log, a few lines before the "Started in xxx seconds" message, there is an entry that looks like:

11:35:20,462 INFO [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-127.0.0.1-8080

The IP address in that entry is the one actually bound to.

From my reading of the code (a couple of weeks ago, so I might be misremembering this), the -b and jboss.bind.address both set jboss.bind.address, with the last one on the command line winning. In addition, the -b option also sets a few other things. I would recommend not using -Djboss.bind.address on the command line because of that, but stick to just -b.

• 2. Re: not accessible from localhost
            nickarls

I've tried just a -b hostname on one of our local servers (Linux) and end up with the same thing - no go from localhost.

• 3. Re: not accessible from localhost
              peterj

Yes, if you do "-b hostname" then you will not have access from localhost.

And you still did not post the line I asked for. Without that, I cannot help you.

• 4. Re: not accessible from localhost
                nickarls

"PeterJ" wrote:
                Yes, if you do "-b hostname" then you will not have access from localhost.

And you still did not post the line I asked for. Without that, I cannot help you.

Ah, sorry, didn't get any reply notification mail. I'll check the line once I get back to the office.